Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome to the workforce!

Well, it has become time to introduce my son to the workforce. He has been diligently looking for a job since he turned 16 in April. He has applied at so many places it was beginning to become very frustrating for him: No, were not hiring. No, were good for right now. Thanks but were not hiring.... the same scenario for lots and lots of people. Well, good ole' mom decided to apply for him online and got him the start. He called to follow up on the online position and low and behold, he got a job!!! He is so excited. (SUCKER). Well, he is excited about getting a bank account and not having to always ask mom and dad for gas money, spending money, etc... He truly wants to work and I couldn't be more proud.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Welcome young fella! It is exciting to have a little more independence, but things just snowball from there and life takes hold fast!!

John's Arts & Crafts said...

Great Story! I remember my first job at a fast food restraunt called Taylors Refresher. New blog on the Hx. of the Ladybug: http://historyoftheladybug.blogspot.com/

Stella & Dot Independent Stylist - MiMi said...

Great for him! I was excited to get my first "independent" cash too :-)

Annie said...

I love it when they have their own money! It usually means sooner or later they buy ME coffee ;)