Monday, September 14, 2009

HOKIES!!!



The Sweet Family headed to Lane Stadium in Blacksburg, VA for the Virgina Tech HOKIES football game.

The HOKIES beat Marshall "The Thundering Herd" 52 - 10. In case anyone doesn't know, this is the team the movie We are Marshall (with Matthew Maconaughey).


The weather was amazing and we just could not have asked for a better day! We arrived early to visit the University Bookstore www.bookstore.vt.edu then headed for the Drill field where the memorial is for all of the students that lost their lives on April 16, 2007.

JD is standing just above the memorial watching the Highty Tighties in the far distance practicing. The picture beside him is the picture of them performing.


There was a Stealth Bomber flyover in honor of all the lives lost during 9-11. This is the best picture I could get because that sound just scares the crap out of me.


And finally, Kristin and I posing during 4th Quarter. The end was nearing but we were still very happy HOKIES (until I got to the car and saw my sunburned face).

It is so funny that everyone says she looks like me but I just don't see it that much. She actually looks and acts more and more like her daddy everyday!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It looks like a great day....wonderful weather, able to be with your family, out enjoying a great game!!