Friday, May 1, 2009

Grow ~ Plants ~ Grow

JD and I have gotten everything planted in the garden.
50 Pepper plants (mixture)
36 Tomato plants (mixture)
Onions, Radishes, 2 types of lettuce, Sweet Corn, Popcorn, Peas, Navy beans, Green beans, potatoes, squash, zucchini, pickler cucumbers and cucumbers






whew. . . I think thats it.
It is so fun to see vegetation breaking through the soil yearning for some good ole' sunshine. Whoops, wait a minute . . . what sunshine? Hopefully we will see some soon.
On another note, after the loss of my MIL, my work was so thoughtful. They sent a huge peace lilly to the funeral home which we managed to bring home and the location I work at bought us four strawberry plants and a peach tree. I feel so lucky to be working with such great people!

Yes, I am starting to really enjoy living in Southwest VA.
Thanks again to everyone for their kind words and prayers during our families recent loss. You all are very special to us!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yeah, garden time! I can't wait to get ours going soon too (if I can find the time). Keep us posted with your veggies!