Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Party in Japanese?

We attended JD's employers Christmas Party Saturday night at Kimono Japanese in Wytheville. The Sweet Family has eaten there a couple of times and the food has always been amazing! (yea, you know where I'm going with this). The food SUCKED! It wasn't that there wasn't ample enough food because they spared no expense with the food: Chicken, Steak, fried rice, dumplings, spare ribs, sushi, noodles, salad, shrimp, egg rolls, baked potatoes, crab rangoons and tons of desserts! However, the food just wasn't good. The spice they used made the food taste like womens perfume . . yuck!

Now on to the attire of the evening. You could certainly tell the "ladies" that are from Wytheville vs. the ones that were not. Well, I sorta don't mean that in a mean way but OMG, this one chick had on a mini spaghetti straps dress with a slit up each side that showed when she sat that undies were not part of the attire. Then she wore a pair of strappy heels. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was a nice dress. . . . UGH! Then the ole' Sweet statement of "Just because it comes in your size doesn't mean you have to wear it" came into play as well. I honestly don't know why some ladies think Christmas is a time for Hoochie wear!

Then there was the famous "co drunk girl" that was loaded at the start of the party and was eating shrimp without peeling it, dancing to the beat of her own drum and walking around with a couple random peoples name tags in her hair.

There were some decent highlights: They had the office max Elf Yourself for every employee and their respective departments which was very cute! They also drew names for random gifts that every employee eventually won. My husband won a massage mat that goes in a recliner that seemed to be a nice gift but honestly did not satisfy us; therefore, we will take it to Walmart for an exchange.

We arrived home at midnight and our daughter was sleeping soundly and our son was playing a computer game.

Little did I know that while the parent Cats were away, the son mouse was at play - peeking! That little shit found some of the unwrapped christmas presents and helped his eyes out. How did I know? I set a trap (cheese) and the son mouse couldn't resist! Thank goodness there were only 2 things that were his.

Sunday I spent all day baking cookies. The kids helped me bake Gingerbread, Cut-out Sugar, Sugar Cookie delights and thumbprint. We had a lot of fun and it is always nice that the kids want to help out in the kitchen making cookies. I guess you never get too old to make cookies with your mom!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Would it truly be Christmas without the crappy employee party? I think not. I have to say, I love your rule about just because it fits...

So, how was Matt rewarded for sneaking a peeky? Boys! Massive eye roll!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I changed and lost your linky. I'll add you back in right now!

Amanda said...

Well, at least you had some great/funny memories of the party! I like your motto about the dress, even though it comes in your size dosen't mean you should buy it!!

Send some of those Christmas cookies our way :)

Amy (wattsup) said...

LOL! OMG - I so would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that party!!! I really enjoyed your description of the co drunk girl too - absolutely too funny! The cookies look awesome!!!

Amy

~Billie~ said...

Drunk Hoochie Christmas party, huh?? Leaves you with some memories (though, maybe not good ones) at least! Too funny!
And even funnier that you caught a little sneak getting into the presents. LOL!