Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lets get caught up!

Summer if flying by! I can't believe the kids go back to school two weeks from tomorrow.

Matt played in a golf tourney for school yesterday and played the best he has ever played. I guess all that time at the club has payed off! He made the varsity golf team and the #3 seed. (I think this is worded right).

Kristin is still practicing V-ball and will know today if she makes the team. (Only 6 girls have tried out.. YIKES! - I hope no one gets hurt!)

ME - Just working away. I totally love my job! HURRAY!!! There isn't one thing I could possibly tell you that I don't like because I enjoy it every day. The people are fantastic and I feel like I have found what I have been longing for since I moved here.

I have been a canning fool! This past weekend I canned pizza sauce, hot peppers, grape jelly and peaches. We have two peach trees and I hate to see it all go to waste. My thinking: When it is cold outside, pop open the peaches and make a pie or cobbler! MMMMM - - come on Winter.

The weather has been so weird, however, I am NOT COMPLAINING! Brisk in the morning and very comfortable in the afternoons. This morning I was out with the dogs and looked at the dew on top of my grill and it wasn't dew, it was ICE! It was 42 degrees!

JD has been great! He has had to take over the "MOM Taxi". I work too far away to get Kris, take her to school then go back to work. Therefore, he goes in really early (I mean early - 4am) and gets off around 2 to head home to get her. He has been making supper in the evenings too so it has been a HUGE help.

On the flip side, I just got word that my grandmother was taken to the hospital this morning. I sure do hope she is ok. She has been ill with a cold and complained this morning that her legs aren't working (she is diabetic as well). I keep you posted.
I on the other hand got bitten by a spider on Sunday picking grapes. What is it with me getting bitten by creepy crawly things! EEEWWW.

How sad was it to hear that Bernie Mac died. Matt and I loved Bernie Mac! As Matt put it, "How could Mr. 3000 die"? Then we heard another fav of Matt's died. Well, his character: The voice of Chef from South Park - Isaac Hayes.


And finally the Beijing Olympics. What is there to be said? I mean, first there are fake fireworks and now, because a little girl with a magical voice is ugly and has jacked up teeth, she is hidding and a pretty child is sent to lip sync.
I am PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!

5 comments:

Amy (wattsup) said...

That is so funny - I just wrote a comment on Mel B's about the stunts in China.

Anyway, the weather has been an awesome break...summer really is flying by & it is so hard to believe that school is just around the corner - welcome back NOVA traffic too!

The passing of Bernie Mac was so sad - he was hysterical!

Go ahead with your bad canning self!

Love
Amy

Amanda said...

Great to hear your kids are doing great in thier sports! Wonderful.

Mmm, peach cobbler in the winter yummy!

I hope your grandmother is doing well. And you too with your spider bite (eeww!).

Yeah, about those olympics...we said the same thing at work, we are proud to be americans!

Yeah, I was shocked to hear about Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes....wow!

Kelly A said...

You are so funny!!!

I am glad that everything is going well for all of you!! You guys are going to be totally stocked with food this winter. That's AWESOME!!!!

We loved Bernie Mac too. It's so sad :(

Jamie said...

Glad to hear that you all are enjoying your summer and everything is going well for you and your family. That's great that you are loving your new job. Way to go with all your canning. Like Kelly said you'll be well stocked for the winter, that's very cool.

You know it probably would have been a while before I found out about Bernie Mac had I not read your blog, so thanks. Such a loss and at such a young age, too.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

~Jamie

Annie said...

You guys have been a busy bunch! I envy all the canning you're getting done. Good for you! Wanna come do mine? Sigh!