Wednesday, July 9, 2008

EEEWWW Ticks!

I hate to sound like such a girl but I get totally grossed out by Ticks! When I see them on me, I shiver with grossness. My dogs constantly have them as I feel we live in the tick capital of VA. I was picking berries (as I do every night) and felt like something was constantly crawling on me. NOT being the responsible adult and "checking myself", I went to bed with this eerie feeling. Upon getting up on Tuesday morning, I decided to check my back as it had a burning sensation. Wouldn't you know it, a TICK. I totally freaked out and grabbed it and yanked it off. It was already attached. I sent him down the sink drain then hopped in the shower. Water hit my back where I ripped off the tick and talk about burns, its like sliding down a razor blade into a pool of alcohol. OMG, I wanted to scream. I get out of the shower and the tick had managed to crawl back up into the sink bowl! The tick that won't die!

I worked all day then got home to show my husband my mark. OMG, it is gross! The spot is inflamed with a huge red ring around it . . Great! I don't think it was a deer tick but I guess I will have to wait and see. JD asked me what the tick looked like and I said, UH gross, he was black, creepy and gross! I DONT KNOW.

Just my luck! I guess thats what I get for constantly going into the woods for those dang berries~

7 comments:

Annie said...

EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW! You are totally grossing me out! Totally!

Living in Oregon does have advantages: NO TICKS (at least not where I live).

Uggh! That was just too gross. Too.Gross.Amy!

ROFL!

Amanda said...

I hope you feel better! Knock on wood, but I've never had one before. My FIL had one last fall and I had the honors of helping him out and YUCK!

Lisa said...

I'm so with you on this. Our weather didn't get cold enough this year to kill 'em off, so we've been dealing with them year round. Seems you can never get rid of them.

If you've got an idea, let me know...please! LOL

Kelly A said...

Oh NO. I'm so sorry. If the ring stays I would definitely head to the doctor. I know a couple of people who got the "bull's eye" rash recently and they went to the Dr. asap and were put on antibiotics.

I agree about them though...they really are gross...as are most bugs in my opinion though!!

Please keep us posted. I hope the pain goes away asap!!

Enjoy the rest of your week!!

Michael B said...

Yuck! I can't stand ticks, they totally gross me out and leave me combing through my hair for days!

If I were you, I'd keep an eye on that bite mark. (I never knew that tick bites could hurt!)

Hope the sore has gotten better throughout the day...And, just after you said that you go romping through the woods and never get poison ivy! What are the odds of you getting bit by a tick?!

Take Care,

katie

Amy (wattsup) said...

Oh no! I hate to be negative, but the red ring is one of the first signs for lyme (I had to a report on this for class last year), BUT it does not sound like the tick was on you very long...def pay attention woman! Those little suckers are disgusting!!! If you start to feel bad in the near future go to the dr. right away!

Melis B said...

Ewwww, gross. Only you. Love the post.

Go to the dr ol' stubborn one and get some medicine. You don't want Limes. Better be safe than sorry. :)

Love ya
Melis