Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pictures to Share!

Here are a few pictures that I have been meaning to post but have been totally busy.






Father and Daughter





The next pictures are from our pond. These are Lily Pads that I bought last year from Walmart for a reasonable $5.97/plant. You put the plant basket in the water and wala'. No pulling them out for winter storage. My kind of plants!








These are pictures of our garden. Thanks to "Mother Nature", it is growing like crazy. This is a picture of the corn and popcorn.





This picture shows the many rows of peas. TO the left of the peas are radishes and carrots and lettuce(which you really cant see yet). This picture shows you half of our garden. The other half is occupied by Green Beans, Cantalope, Watermelon, Pickling and regular cucumbers, squash and zucchini. I have also planted gigantic sunflowers that are just about 5" tall. I have never planted the gigantics so I am excited to see what they do. I remember as a kid having sunflowers in our garden and I just loved looking at them!


This picture is hard to see but it is the many different types of pepper plants - habanero, red chili, mexibells, cayenne, green, banana pepper and jalapeno's. (in the front) and the many tomato plants (in the back).

5 comments:

Kelly A said...

WOW!! Your garden is amazing and HUGE!!! You must feel so proud of yourself. That is a LOT of work!! It is going to be SO worth it though!!

Love the Lily Pads and The Father/Daughter pic!! :)

Amanda said...

What a HUGE garden! Wonderful job. Let us know how the sunflowers do/look. I didn't have luck with mine last year because of those damn squirrels eating the seads the moment I walked in the house. So, with that in mind, I will admire other peoples achievements with sunflowers for the time being :)

Amy (wattsup) said...

The pictures are great! The garden looks incredible...I think it is so cool that you are sharing the gardening skill/trade/hobby with your kids!!!

Great work - everything looks so straight - WOW!

Annie said...

Love the new look of your blog. Nice pics and you "grow" popcorn? Really? I had no idea :)

Melis B said...

Great photos!! It was SO GREAT to talk to you on the phone today~~I really miss you!!

I REALLY hope a job comes along for you! Will you please pass on the freakin' recipe to Penny....it was driving her NUTS today trying to figure it out!! hee hee

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Melis