Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What's with the rain?

I don't want this to sound like I am complaining about the rain however, every weekend, we are getting rain. If its not raining, were mowing! I would just like to have a full weekend with no rain; is that too much to ask? I guess. I would also like to see the gas prices drop by half but I think the wish of a no rain weekend is a safer bet at this point.

The kids have school on Memorial Day here so I will be enjoying time to myself! Well, not totally, Kristin has a choral picnic Monday at a park and they are providing everyone lunch. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun. The kids are also itching to get out of school. Their last day is Thursday, May 29, 2008. Matt and Kristin have both stated that they are going to do lots of sleeping. Little do they know I have already begin "chore" lists for them. HEHEHE

As for me, well, I could be doing a hell of a lot better. My temp job that I have been at for almost 10 months is going to end. I sure hope I can find something else. I have looked and looked and there are absolutely NO JOBS!!!! I have applied to Walgreens and Walmart and haven't heard anything. They are now stating that the job market here is depressed . . yea and so am I. I have sent out so many resume's that I am tired of sending them out. Well see. I sure hope something gives soon!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope things turn around for you (rain & job wise). The gas prices here have been going up 2 cents every day in the last 2 weeks. We are now at $3.77 (this morning at least). I hope there is relief in our near future, but I won't hold my breath.

Good luck and feel better!

~Billie~ said...

I'm sure you'll find work soon! ((HUGS)) There really aren't a lot of jobs available in this area either.
Hope you get some rain free days soon!!!

Annie said...

Sorry about the job market. I keep thinking about it to...wondering...should I get one?

Hubby said no, not right now. But I'm worried that later he'll say, "You gotta get one NOW!" and there won't be one.

Cheer up. We are all in this together!

Oh and I'm totally having garden envy. We decide not to plant one (long, sad, story).

Kelly A said...

I'm sorry about the job hunting:( Things are the same here. I finally just gave up.

Stay strong. I'm sure things will pick up soon!!

I am praying that this yucky rain goes away too!! Enough already!

Amy (wattsup) said...

Hang in there about both topics...I know it is easier said than done though - looking for a job - when you have to - is tough, stressful, and exhausting! I'll be thinking of you and sending out positive thoughts for something to come your way soon :)

I'd like to participate in an anti-rain dance...want to get together? ;)

AMY

Melis B said...

4 words for you~~~

COME BACK TO LINCOLN!!

Nothing else is needed to say.....

Miss you!!
~Melis