Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Seriously?

I want to share some interesting information with you all. I got a call from Wal-mart for a potential job. I was somewhat excited as I haven't been able to find a job and I am willing to do just about anything for a job.

The lady in personnel that called me informed me that this is a part-time position (32 hours). (OK). She also informs me that the pay starts at $7.20/hour. HEHEHE silly woman. Let me show you why it sucks in Southwest VA: Total pay for 32 hours at $7.20/hour = $230.40. Now, deduct the taxes (approx. 20% = $46.06). $230.40 - 46.06 = $184.34. Gas for this 32 hours is $45.00. Therefore, per week I will be making: $139.24. OMG, how do people survive on these piddly wages.

This is definitely a job I will not be checking further into.

My temp job is scheduled to end the end of June therefore, it is crunch time to find a job. If I can't, you can bet I will be collecting unemployment. My next venture is going into production for an operator position. Can't wait, night shift!

UGH>>>>> I really am frustrated!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Yuck! Its so hard to find a decent paying job. I agree, how do they expect anyone to survive on that wage in these times? Good luck!

Michael B said...

Hey! You might not want to go this route AT ALL...but schools are always looking for instructional aides, especially with special education students/teachers. The hours probably wouldn't be part time and the pay isn't nearly enough...but...at least you'd be making a huge difference in the life of a child (aside from your own two babes!). Right now is the perfect time to find something with a school system. And, I guarantee that you would fall in love with some of those sweeties! Just a thought. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be.

Hugs to you,

Katie

Annie said...

Uggh! I wonder if Starbucks pays good there. It's $10.00 to start here. Just a thought. :(

The Sweet Family said...

Thanks Katie, I will most certainly look into that! Great suggestion! I'll let you know what transpires.

Starbucks...wish we had one!

Melis B said...

Again....come back to LINCOLN...we miss you BIG TIME!!

Hugs,
Melis

Kelly A said...

I completely feel your pain :(

I will say a little prayer that you find something worth your time soon!! :)

The Sweet Family said...

Going back to Winchester may be closer than we all think!

~Billie~ said...

((HUGS)) I'm sorry! Hope your able to find something soon!!