Monday, April 14, 2008

What was going on when you were born?

Happy 15th Birthday Matthew David Sweet!!!

The day is April 14, 1993 at 3:00pm and the doctors have announced via C-section "It's a Boy"! (we were told it was a girl). I remember that day like it was yesterday; Melrose Place day! I had a child, a son! One look and I realized that Matthew David would be a suitable name for him. Matthew because it is my most favorite boys name and David is JD's middle name so we felt it was a gracious gift from daddy.
Center pic: Birth
Top left: 3 mos. Top right: 9 mos.
Bottom left: 6 mos. Bottom right: 1 year
Matthew weighed in at 7 lbs. 5oz and was 19 3/4" long. He had blue eyes and brown hair. Because they made me push for over 4 hours before deciding to do the c-section, he was born . . . a conehead.

He was a great baby! He didn't cry much, he was a healthy eater, well behaved and slept 10 hours a night at 6 weeks old. On a not so good note, he was a projectile vomiter and couldn't entertain himself.

Bill Clinton was in office and the unfortunate Waco Cult compound was the significant news event.

Indecent Proposal, The Sandlot and Aladdin were the Hit movies and stirrup pants and boots were the fashion craze!

Matthew's favorite toys were Bert and Ernie and Kitty. (If you look at the pic in his playpen, they are there. They went everywhere with us! He loved to play horsey (bouncing on my knee) and giggled when playing peek-a-boo! You also share your birthday with Sarah Michelle Geller, Abagail Breslin and Anthony Michael Hall.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, what a beautiful post! Thanks for sharring. You are one pround mommy! The baby pics are adorable. Its funny to think back on all the facts from when he was born, thanks for the flash backs!

Kelly A said...

Aw...He was such an adorable baby!!!! I hope he is having a wonderful Birthday!!!

I can only imagine what the "projectile vomiting" was like!!

Watts Up said...

Awh! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW! This is a very cool post...thanks for making me think back to the days when I rocked the stirrup pants and boots - may that fashion rest in peace! I love the pictures of his crying...it is so cute...he still looks very much the same too! I hope ya'll have a great day celebrating!

Jennifer said...

What a cutie pie! Hope he had a wonderful birthday. 15 - it goes by fast, doesn't it? Mine turns 14 next month, and I can hardly believe it!