Monday, April 28, 2008

April Showers continue!


YEP, still raining!

Saturday was a beautiful day! It was well in the 80's and HOT. However, the evening shower we had really cooled things down; including the house! (Stewart totally hates the rain!!!) Its even worse when there is thunder! Poor little guy.
Good ole' Max always has time to stop and smile for the camera!!

Our weekend chore list didn't get completed but I really felt like we got a lot accomplished!
Mowing - DONE
Gutters - Cleaned out but no time for gutter guard

New pond pump installed and working - DONE

Planting of garden seeds - Well, Saturday we got the okra finished and started planting peas when the rain came in! We noticed Sunday morning that the onions are peeking out of the ground. I hope to get some pics as the garden begins to "bloom".
Since there was nothing on tv Saturday, we decided to visit our movie library in the search of a good thriller. We all agreed upon The Ring. Matt and I have seen this movie many times before but it still scared the crap out of us. Everytime there was a spooky part, Matt would visit the inside of his shirt. Kristin refused to watch the movie because she knew it was scary. Where was JD? He fell asleep; it was past beer-thirty!

Sunday - cloudy and cool, however, a chance of rain was in the forecast! JD disagreed; he was going by our "weather stick"! He and the stick were totally wrong; rain, rain, rain Sunday afternoon!

4 comments:

Mrs. Annie said...

Past beer-thirty! ha ha ha! Too funny!

I don't watch scary movies...I'm too chicken!

Amanda said...

Well, at least you got a few things done! A little is better the nothing! I love the weather stick. I always wonder if they actually work, oh well.

Yes, please share pictures of your garden. I hope to start ours soon.

Amy said...

Sounds like a successful weekend all the same! Getting a few things done on your list always makes you feel better than getting nothing done!

I so need to watch The Ring! I love a good scarry movie every now and then. We caught "The Ruins" a week ago at the theatre and it's a decent flick with good acting - ya'll will have to check it out!

Smiles,
Amy

~Billie~ said...

LOL! I'm too chicken to watch scary movies too... I used to watch nothing but horrors, but can't stomach them any more.
Love the pictures! Very cute!