Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Tackle that wasn't ~

My Tackle it Tuesday was a bust! I had all intentions of getting the front of the house windows done but other issues came crashing down and killed my window cleaning mood!

We have been back and forth with our homeowners insurance due to the damage our house sustained during the last wind storm. To say the least, I blew when the last rep called us asking stupid questions like: Is your carport attached to your house? How high off the ground is the damage? OK, I don't want to sound like a complete B*t*h but what is a "carport"? Isn't it a "port" to park your "car"? Also he asked how high off the ground is the damage? OMG, I could totally feel the other Amy trying to intervene; but I kept my cool! Then he starting asking me questions about the construction. Here are some of my smarta** answers: First of all sir, I can't even read a tape measure therefore, I don't know. Secondly, the ceiling has this white stuff on it that looks like concrete but isn't. It may also be that stuff that my husband uses to fill the holes from all of the nails I slam into the wall for hanging pictures. Its white and it is really making a mess every time the wind blows. Yes, it breaks up like chalk and then everyone tracks it in the house. At this point, my husband says give me the damn phone and I begin laughing...It worked! (Seriously, I can't read a tape measure. Well that isn't totally true. If it is on the 1/2 or 1/4 ark, 'm good. IF it strays to the other lines, I'm lost. My husband has tried numerous times to teach me but I just can't seem to catch on . . . . . ~sucker~)

This morning when I woke up, I had high hopes for a better day. How quickly that was shot in the butt when I looked at the clock! I had overslept by 1/2 hour. It is now raining cats and dogs outside so the windows will not get done until the weekend. I guess my family will have to look at dirty windows! UGH!

Finally, it's here!!!

2 comments:

Melis B said...

Man, I miss you and your 'damn' comments. :)

Have a great Easter!!

~Melis

Zen Master said...

Sorry about your tackle. I hope things get resolved for you quickly.