Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter weekend updates:

Easter weekend was FANTASTIC! It could not have been any better.

Saturday morning around 10am my family started arriving. Once everyone had time to potty and explore our house, it was time for the kids to hunt those eggs! With the weather sunny and 70 degrees, it was perfect!
Good times were had by all! Unfortunately, the goods times have to end and everyone departed about 4:30ish for their trek back to Winchester. Before they all departed, we took a few family pictures. My younger brother and his family tried to kidnap Stewart but we rescued him!

After everyone left and I picked up around the house, I retreated to the couch. I didn't move the entire evening; well until I awoke at 8:45pm and went to bed! How sad is that? People, I am getting old! I honestly cannot hang with the big dogs.

On Sunday, JD began tilling the garden; getting it ready for this years crop! While JD tilled, the kids and I picked up rocks! After about an hour, I was done. I just couldn't do anymore. My body was telling me it absolutely could not handle anymore. Therefore, I listened and stopped. I was excited to get back to work to get some
R &R.

4 comments:

Watts Up said...

Awh, it looks like you all had a great day & it was so beautiful out! I was zonked by 830 too - the holidays are awesome, but completely exhausting and then there is all the eating, eating, eating! Did the fam love all your paint choices?

HAPPY MONDAY!

Michael B said...

WOW! 70 Degrees??? Lucky! It was SNOWING (just a little...but it was snow!) on Saturday. : ) The Easter egg hunt looks like it was a blast! The family picture is so cute .

Your garden sounds like it is going to be awesome this summer....There is NOTHING like a fresh tomato in the summer.

Have a great day!

Kelly A said...

I am so glad you guys had a great Easter!!!

Seventy degrees sounds like heaven!!

I would love to have land like that and have a HUGE garden....and just let the kids RUN free!!!

I hope you have a great week!!

~Billie~ said...

Looks like you all had so much fun!! I can't believe you had 70 degree weather! Oh what I would give for warmer weather.... Hopefully soon!