Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hairspray!

If you haven't seen this movie, you must! I LOVED IT! Since I have seen HSM and HSM 2, I figured what the hey, I might as well. Not only is it cute but John Travolta is a riot!
I especially loved the cameo appearance at the end!!!
On another tangent, if anyone eats Lean Cuisines for lunch, you MUST try this one! I could eat this every day (and just about do). It is SOOOO good! Interesting tidbit, as I was eating lunch yesterday, I thought to myself how good the broccoli was. This made me fade back to my childhood sitting at the dinner table and absolutely "grossing out" at the broccoli as it tasted bad, it stunk and it looked unappetizing! I couldn't figure why until I really thought about it. My mom would literally "boil the piss out of it". Those were the days! I now want to try steamed asparagus because she would boil it as well and I really think steaming it may be great! If anyone has had boiled asparagus then steamed asparagus please let me know which is best? Also, if steamed tastes like boiled, I'd like to know that as well! Thanks!!!

2 comments:

Melis B said...

You are so funny....lean cuisine huh? what a dork.

We still miss you around here for lunches, Eddie ate one of my LC for lunch today in fact. We sure miss you around here. Got ANOTHER new secretary starting tomorrow...you'll never guess who it is either!!

I'll leave you guessing....

Call me at work tomorrow to find out.

I'll have to check out JT and Hairspray too. Thanks for the tip.

Hugs,Melis

Kelly A said...

I LOVE asparagus!!! It is one of my favorites!!

I have never had it boiled, but I do steam it...and like it that way. I don't do it for long because I still like it to have some crunch. It's really great tossed with some freshly squeezed lemon juice!! So yummy and healthy!

I really like roasted asparagus too. I place the stalks on a baking sheet and toss them with a little olive oil, salt, papper and any other seasoning that sounds good that day and roast for about 15-20 mintes at 400 degrees. The kids even love it!!