Monday, December 17, 2007

~Great Times~

This past weekend was another great weekend! We woke up Saturday morning to cold temps and drizzle. I made a big pot of Vegetable soup from all of the veggies we grew this past summer. I really enjoyed eating what I had worked so hard to grow and harvest!

Saturday night JD and I attended his work Christmas party. What a great time we had!!! Everyone is sooo nice. They gave away TONS and TONS of prizes. Everyone got a gift and some people got 2 (thanks to people leaving early). JD originally won a stocked tackle box, however, someone wanted to trade with him. Believe it or not, he traded for 2 Virginia Tech stadium seats! WOO HOO, much better trade. I honestly couldn't think of who I could have possibly re-gifted that for! hehehe

There was one guy I sat beside that thought he could get one over on me. Well, he was wrong! He managed to put an empty coke can and the caterers salt and pepper shakers in my purse. (This was done to me last year by Alan Hardestly at the Lincoln Mortgage Christmas Party). When the man was dancing, I put pepper in his drink. To my surprise, he drank the whole thing. I then see him taking his jacket off because he was getting hot. He brought another drink to the table and walked away. I then explained to his wife what he had done to me and how I was repaying the favor. I then put more pepper in his drink. While he was drinking it, I noticed he was picking flecks out of his mouth. He then turns to his wife and tells her his lips are on fire! OOPS!!! He figured it out. I just said, "PAYBACKS".

Sunday morning we woke to no power and ICE, ICE, ICE!!! Max loves to eat ice!

JD started the generator and I made breakfast. We watched the movie Shooter with Mark Wahlberg. If you haven't seen it, you must! It is fantastic; and so is he! After the movie, Kristin and I played her favorite game, Mall Madness! She managed to beat me both times we played. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but she can spend money better than me? Is that even possible? hmmmmm. We never left the house. The power was restored by 1:30 and then I began to wrap presents.
I finished all of the wrapping except for the few items that are delivering this week. Then the inevitable happened. I honestly got the shock of my life! I was wrapping the kids "stocking stuffers" and Kristin came over to me and started picking the wrapped things up. She looks at me and says, "Are these for Matt's stocking?" I of course said, YES. Her face got very pale and tears welled up in her eyes and she said, "You mean you are Santa?" OMG, I honestly thought she knew. Her dad told her last year but I guess she didn't believe him. My heart sank. She cried for over an hour. She was so disappointed with me. She called me a liar, she told me that I was mean to "continue to lie to her that way". It really broke my heart. I then had to be a "mommy" and explain that I was upset to because I no longer had that magical surprise on Christmas Morning when they would open their gifts and be thrilled beyond belief that the man dressed in red remembered exactly what they wanted. I then played the "when you have kids . . ." speech. She wasn't buying it at all. Her look of disappointment for me was completely heart retching! It is a look that I will always remember.

2 comments:

Melis B said...

I love the Christmas party story! I missed ours this year. I hope we'll see you on Monday at the new office. :)

Miss you,
Melis

Michael B said...

oh my goodness, what a sweet (but sad!) story about kristin. it doesn't matter what the age is...children are so precious and are so much fun.

she sounds like such a good girl. : )